- All static pages follow U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All static pages follow priorities 1 & 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All static pages validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional.
- All static pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
H2tags are used for main titles,
H4tags for subtitles.
Web pages on Digital Commons @ Salve Regina include 4 different areas:
- A header bar that includes the main navigation,
- A main content area,
- A side bar,
- A footer.
When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) are not applied to a document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1
- Digital Commons @ Salve Regina Home page
- Access key 2
- The Berkeley Electronic Press Home Page
- Access key 3
- My Account
- Access key 4
- Access key 0
- Accessibility Statement
Additional navigation aids
Search results can be navigated by using the following access keys:
- Access key f
- First results page
- Access key n
- Next results page
- Access key p
- Previous results page
- Access key l
- Last results page
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable
- Content should be usable/accessible with images "off" (disabled).
- The main navigation bar on this site uses an Image Replacement technique that makes the links accessible to non-visual browsers.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- URLs are permanent whenever possible.
- All form controls are appropriately and explicitly labeled.
- We are using non obtrusive client-side scripts.
Pop up Windows
- In visual browsers, the title attribute of links to external resources says "opens in new window".
- Browsers with Popup Blockers should be able to access these external documents.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Any information conveyed through the use of color is also available without color (i.e. text based).
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.